- Is it possible to change one's starting day/ resort?
No you cannot change your starting day or resort. If you can no longer attend, you still can sell your spot.
- How old do I have to participate in the Pass'Portes?
You can sign up for the Pass'Portes MTB and the ePass'Portes epowered by Bosch from 14 years old and for the Pass'Portes Kids if you are between 9 and 14 years old. Parental authorisation is needed for all minors (please download the form from the website). 14-year-olds can choose (with the agreement of a parent or guardian) between the Pass'Portes MTB or the Pass'Portes Kids.
- Is it easy to get from Morzine to Les Gets and vice-versa?
From Les Gets, you can return to Morzine by bike on the road, it's all downhill. To get to Les Gets from Morzine, take a shuttle bus: Morzine > Les Gets.
Free buses have been organised by the Portes du Soleil each evening from 6.30-7.30pm, every 15 mins.
Reservations are not possible.
- What kind of bike do I need?
Pass'Portes du Soleil MTB / ePass'Portes ePowered by Bosch: An all-mountain enduro mountain bike, fully suspended, with suspension travel between 130 and 180mm. The telescopic seatpost is a nice plus.
Pass'Portes du Soleil Gravel: a gravel or a cyclocross with a section of wide tires (minimum 38 mm): the route is in the mountains and you may encounter technical portions.
- What protection is advised?
Helmet and gloves are mandatory. Back protection, elbow pads and knee pads are recommended for the MTB itineraries
- How do I get my bike on the chairlifts?
Some chairlifts only accept one person and one bike, others can take 2 people and 2 bikes and sometimes more. Sometimes you will be required to load the bike yourself, at other points the lift staff will do this for you.
Please note that you might be asked to remove the battery of your electric bike, for safety reason. Also, a special attention will be brought to the bikes which tires are wider than 3.5" during boarding. All of this has to do with certification and approval, don't be surprise and stay focus!
- Can I participate in the Pass'portes du Soleil MTB with an ebike ?
Yes of course. But there is also a specific itinerary designed for ebikes: the ePassPortes epowered by Bosch
- I can't find the departure point I want:
If the village-resort does not appear in the choices on the registration system it means that resort is full. Alternative departure points will be listed.
- What payment method can I use to register?
In order to register you will need to make a payment by credit card, we do not accept payment by cheque or Paypal.
- Is it possible to register on a mobile phone?
Yes, it is. Our registration form is adapted to mobile format to facilitate your registration if you are on the move or if you do not have access to a computer.
- I can't register:
- close the session and try again from another browser
- if this doesn't work, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2021, no new registration is possible due to the postponement of the 2020 event. That is why you cannot register this year.
- How old do I have to participate in the Pass'Portes Pédestre (walking Tour)?
You can take part in the Pass'Portes Pédestre from the age of 5
- What are the departure times?
Between 7.30 am and 10 am.