- New dates for the 17th Pass'Portes
Due to current events and after considerable thoughts, the Pass’Portes du Soleil MTB organisers have decided to postpone the event to 25, 26 and 27 June 2021.
Options and conditions will be sent by email to everyone registered on the initial dates.
Thank you everyone for your support and understanding during this so peculiar situation.
Following this change, we have identified your questions:
- What is the deadline for announcing its decision to the organization?
Please send us a return before June 9
- Can we change our starting resort?
- Will the tracks be in good condition at the end of the summer?
The teams in each sector will do their best;)
- Is it possible to register for August? / Are we going to open registrations for August?
To date, we cannot tell you whether seats will be sold by the organization. We will make an inventory in early June and we will keep you informed
- Is the same day / same station postponement for August done automatically?
Yes, if you do not answer you are automatically registered in August.
- What are the dates for PP 2021?
June 25, 26, 27, 2021
- Can I change my day / station?
No, registration is carried over to the same
- What about vouchers received with registration for Pass'Portes 2020?
If the lifts open in September, you can use your voucher. Otherwise the voucher is also valid for the winter season 2020/2021
For any questions about the event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Regarding registrations, the organization does not keep a waiting list; consult the Facebook Pass'Portes or the mountain bike forums ... some sometimes resell their places.
- For any change of date, name of participant, resale of places ...
You can return to the registration site to:
- modify the personal information of your order (name, address, etc.)
- add options Once the changes have been made and validated, you will be able to send a new, updated registration confirmation.
To do this, you will need to click on "send a confirmation by email".
The button only if you have made a modification in your registration, and on the condition that the payment is up to date.
In the case of a resale of space, it is the reseller who will have to modify the personal information of his registration via his customer account for the benefit of that of the buyer (please update all of the participant's information) .
After having made and validated the modifications, the button "send a confirmation by mail" will generate a new registration confirmation.
It will be automatically sent to the email address of the customer account with which the registration was made.
It must then be sent to the buyer so that he can verify the conformity of the information.
Modifications possible until Tuesday June 9, midnight
- What can I do if there's no space left in Morzine/ Les Gets? Can we start from somewhere nearby?
The nearest departure points are Lindarets (20 mins by car from Morzine) or Avoriaz (10 mins by car to access Avoriaz via Les Prodains from Morzine)
. If you don't want to take a car, there are free shuttle buses set up by the organisation in the morning: Morzine > Les Lindarets and Morzine > Avoriaz via Les Prodains (the 3S cable car at Les Prodains is free for Pass'Porteurs heading to the tourist office to retrieve their welcome packs).
Bus timetables will be posted on the website soon. It is not possible to reserve a shuttle but there is usually always space (shuttles run from 6.30am and at regular intervals).
- Is it easy to get from Morzine to Les Gets and vice-versa?
From Les Gets, you can return to Morzine by bike on the road, it's all downhill. To get to Les Gets from Morzine, take a shuttle bus: Morzine > Les Gets. Free buses have been organised by the Portes du Soleil each evening from 6.30-7.30pm, every 15 mins. Reservations are not possible.
- How old do I have to participate in the Pass'Portes?
You can sign up for the Pass'Portes classic from 14 years old and for the Pass'Portes Kids if you are between 9 and 14 years old. Parental authorisation is needed for all minors (please download the form from the website). 14-year-olds can choose (with the agreement of a parent or guardian) between the Pass'Portes MTB classic or the Pass'Portes Kids.
- What can I do if Châtel is full?
We suggest starting from Morgins - 5 mins by car from Châtel, or a steep bike ride!
There are no organised shuttles between Châtel/France and Morgins/Switzerland.
- I can't find the departure point I want:
If the village-resort does not appear in the choices on the registration system it means that resort is full. Alternative departure points will be listed.
- I can't register: - close the session and try again from another browser - if this doesn't work, send an email to email@example.com
- What kind of bike do I need?
A MTB, all-mountain enduro, full suspension bike with 130-180mm travel. Tyres should be reinforced with a minimum section of 2.2". An adjustable seat-post is advised.
- What protection is advised?
A helmet and gloves are obligatory. Back, elbow and knee pads are recommended.
- How do I get my bike on the chairlifts?
Some chairlifts only accept one person and one bike, others can take 2 people and 2 bikes and sometimes more. Sometimes you will be required to load the bike yourself, at other points the lift staff will do this for you. This depends on regulations at each individual lift, so please stay aware and look and listen for instructions!
- Can I participate in the Pass'portes du Soleil MTB with an ebike ?
Yes of course. Don't forget there is a specific itinerary designed for ebikes.